Here is your chance to try it out for yourself!
About KNICKERNAPPIES One-Size Pocket Diapers:
- Side snapping diapers which comes with 2 inserts (sizes small & large) – ALL Made in USA!
- 4 size snap adjustments: Small, Medium Short, Medium, and Large.
- Scooped tummy panel & top stitching: Best fit under chubby baby bellies.
- Each diaper comes with 2 inserts (either microfiber or LoopyDo – 2 layers hemp french terry + 2 layers ultra-thick microfiber)
- Winner of the 2009 Best Products Award!
I have received for reviewing:
1 Knickernappies OS Pocket Diaper in “Baby Blue”, which comes with 2 LoopyDo inserts (1 Large & 1 Small).
I’m using the new rating system for product reviews for JOLI diapers. Each category/factor below have a score from 1 to 5 (1 being the worst, and 5 being the best). Comments follow each category.
Design & Appearance – My Score: 3 out of 5
- Personally, I feel the design is pretty simple. This is largely due to the fact that it’s plain and not printed (I think I *might* have seen too many printed cloth diapers). They have 11 colours to choose from though, so I bet you’ll find your favourite
- First hand view, it has a wide cutting, and also 4 size snap settings which can be perfect to fit babies of all sizes.
- And of course, the SIDE SNAPS! This is the first time I’ve tried side snapping diapers, so we’ll see how they work.
The side snaps need some getting used to, but with some practice, it’s not really so difficult!
Ease of Use – My Score: 3.5 out of 5
- The biggest challenge for me is to get used to the side snaps. I had some difficulties in the beginning to put them on, and to try to get the perfect fit on the waist and thighs. With an active baby and fumbling on the new system, a little bit tricky!
- Here’s my tip, for successfully putting on side snapping diapers (after some practice and using several other cloth diapers with side snaps): Always put on BOTH snaps on the waist – which are the first snaps located on the top, left and right, FIRST. This is to get the best fit for the waist. Only after that, fasten the other 2 snaps on the bottom to get the right fit for the thighs. I feel this is the correct way to do it. Try it!
- I sometimes fold the insert to the front (the Large size is too long, or if I need extra absorbency on the front for my boy), I find it a little bit difficult to stuff the pocket with the folded insert. The pocket opening at the crotch area is quite narrow for some reason.
- No other issues with use and washing, it’s pretty simple because of the easy to clean microfleece inner.
This Knickernappies diaper comes with 2 LoopyDo (microfiber-hemp) inserts of two sizes – Large & Small.
Functionality & Performance - My Score: 4.75 out of 5!
- I simply LOVE the performance of this diaper! The secret, is of course in the inserts, LoopyDo – I understand why it’s highly rated everywhere.
- The LoopyDo insert is made of 2 layers microfiber on the top layer and 2 layers hemp in the inner layer. Hemp is well-known for its super water retention properties, while microfiber is great at absorbing liquid. This combo is really great, performance wise! I love using the inserts for nap time, and also during the night (layered with another bamboo/microfiber insert).
- The LoopyDo inserts also is smartly designed in a “loop” so the will dry faster, and this is also one super cool feature.
- Being a One-size diaper with snap rise settings, it could get quite bulky at the front for smaller babies needing more “snapping down” of the buttons. This was the case for my baby (Hubby couldn’t help noticing – he’s not a fan of bulky diapers). It helps to wear the Small size insert if your baby is smaller, instead of stuffing a folded down Large insert.
- This pocket diaper is more of a “high cut” cloth diaper. It sits on the belly, very near the belly button. I’m thinking, as my baby grows and it gets less bulky, I will appreciate the side snapping function more because it will give a smooth front, and will not bulk up like front snapping diapers. This will be great for tummy sleeper babies.
Generous sizing – My 1 year old weighing 10+kg is only on the second snap rise setting.
This will last him QUITE some time I think (a plus!!)…
Quality - My Score: 4 out of 5
- I have used these diapers for around 3 months and it is still looking great - no sign of wear and tear for the inserts and cover. Quite hardy!
- There are some minor workmanship issues on the cover, but this can also be the case for any brand of manufactured diaper.
OVERALL RATING - My Score: 4 out of 5
- PROS: Excellent performance for the inserts (great for naps, night use and longger hours); Fast drying inserts (”loop” design); Good quality materials; Easy to maintain; Generous sizing with 4 snap settings – good to use up til potty training (or even *for* potty training because they’re easy to take off).
- CONS: Side snapping might require some practice and getting used to if you’re a beginner; No prints; Can be a bit costly for purchase; Might be bulky for smaller babies.
A little bit bulky at the front for now, but I know they’ll last!
(By the way, I folded the Large size insert in this picture so it does get bulkier)
Overall, Knickernappies One Size Pocket Diaper are a superior quality and high performance diaper (especially for its inserts!). They might be a little bit costly, but having a few pieces in you stash will be great for long hour use and night/nap time, and with the generous sizing, they will also last until baby potty trains! (I think with some pretty prints, it will sway more to give it a GO! )