This time around, I will be reviewing BOUNCY BABY DIAPERS. I’m so excited! Why? Because it is a Malaysian made diaper, that’s why! Thank you to Tiny Tapir for allowing me to test out this product.
I have received for reviewing:
- 1 Bouncy Baby Microfiber diaper in Purple.
- 1 Bouncy Baby Hemp Combo diaper in Blue.
ABOUT BOUNCY BABY DIAPERS (Info taken from Tiny Tapir):
- One-Sized pocket diaper with snap closure which are available in 2 options (Microfiber set & Hemp combo set).
- Proudly Malaysian (Made in Penang with imported materials)
- Microfiber Set has 2 microfiber inserts (1 large & 1 small); Hemp Combo Set has 2 inserts (1 tri-fold Hemp-cotton insert/prefold & 1 small microfiber insert).
- The Microfiber inserts: Small are made of 2 layers thirsty microfiber; Large – 3 layers of thirsty microfiber.
- Inserts can be snapped together in various ways according to the needs of your child (boy/girl, small/med/large).
- Has high quality soft breathable PUL and long lasting elastic at waist back and legs.
- Has double layer of snaps at waist allows better fitting and minimizes wing droop.
- Has Alova Suedecloth inner provides stay dry action against your baby’s skin.
I’m using the new rating system for product reviews for Bouncy Baby diapers. Each category/factor below have a score from 1 to 5 (1 being the worst, and 5 being the best). Comments follow each category.
Design & Appearance – My Score: 3.5 out of 5
- These one-sized diapers looked pretty basic with its solid colours of blue and purple.
- The pocket opening to stuff inserts is located at the top, and it is just an opening and it tends to gape. The insert might pop out and touch baby’s skin.
- What I love is that they come with 2 inserts each for both sets. Also, the inserts can be adjusted to suit your baby (for boy/girl/night time use) with the snaps on both inserts (microfiber inserts), or by tri-folding the hemp insert. Unique!
Ease of Use – My Score: 3.5 out of 5
- They only come in Snap closure, which can be difficult for beginners or caregivers to use. However, there are only 2 snaps to put on, so it’s not really that complex.
- The Alova Suedecloth inner is VERY easy to clean (if your baby poops on it), and solid matter and stains go off easily after a rinse, and of course after drying under the sun.
- Hemp material absorbs a lot of liquid, so it tends to have longer drying times. However, the HEMP inserts are smartly designed to allow quick drying - and it really does!
- Adjusting and customizing the inserts with the snaps can be quite a challenge without any instructions. Luckily Li of Tiny Tapir provided me with this very helpful diagram of how to utilize the inserts (for the Microfiber set). A helpful diagram of how to use the Hemp Combo set (with 1 trifold hemp insert & 1 small microfiber insert) can also be found at Mummy’s Reviews Bouncy Baby diaper review.
Functionality & Performance - My Score: 4 out of 5
- As mentioned before, the unique inserts (microfiber & trifold hemp) can be used on its own, together, unsnapped, snapped down or snapped one on top of the other to be used for baby boy/girl/night time. That is what I call customizable!
- Also, the curved way that the snap button closures are positioned works very well to get a good fitting for the waist and legs, and also helps to prevent wing droop (if used on smaller babies).
- It can also be used on newborns because it has a snap on the legs to create a small leg opening for tiny legs
- The best option is if you can buy 1 of each set (microfiber and hemp sets) so you can interchange the variety of inserts according to your baby’s need. Hemp fabric is well-know for its great absorption & water retaining properties, so it is EXCELLENT (combined with a microfiber insert) for leak-free and long hour naps or night time use.
- Again, the Alova Suedecloth is a sure winner for having stay-dry qualities and will keep your baby’s bottom dry and comfy
Quality - My Score: 4 out of 5
- First and foremost, hooray to a Made in Malaysia cloth diaper! Bouncy Baby diapers has definitely surpassed my expectations as a good quality diaper in comparison with other overseas brands.
- One thing I can mention is that they’re durable. I have been using these diapers for many months now and I have had no issues with the snaps, PUL layer, fabric, elastic or inserts! Also, I loved that the Alova Suedecloth inner is durable and still looking great after so many uses!
Value for Money - My Score: 4.5 out of 5
- I am giving this product a very good score because I really feel it is worth your money spent. Not only you are buying a Malaysian product, it is a quality one too!
OVERALL RATING - My Score: 4 out of 5!
- PROS: Functional and customizable inserts with snaps, Durable! Stay dry & stain-prood Alova Suedecloth inner lining.
- CONS: Wide crotch might be bulky for small babies, Only available in a few colours & no print choice, Might be difficult to use inserts without proper instructions, Only available in snap closures.
Bouncy Baby diapers are an affordable and also quality choice for cloth diapers. With its customizable properties (can be used for day time, boy/girls, naps and also night time!), it can be a must-have option for practical and functional cloth diapering for baby until potty training!
“Mummy, am I getting paid for all this photo taking and modeling?! I’m tired! I want my milk!”
*Latest Update* Bouncy Baby is currently being relaunched with upgraded and better features. Let’s all wait patiently for the announcement from Tiny Tapir! In the meantime, they are having SALES for this current version of Bouncy Baby diapers WHILE STOCKS LAST. Don’t miss this opportunity to grab the last of these diapers and super-dooper low price of only RM30 each!! Don’t wait, visit Tiny Tapir to purchase today!