Is your home ”clean”? I bet you use detergents, air fresheners, toilet cleaners, surface cleaners, and all sorts of cleaning products in your home for cleaning purposes? We all do so. Having a clean environment which is safe and wholesome must be a top priority for any family’s home.
However, research shows that clean houses will produce families with lowered immunity. There can be several reasons for this, one is that many household cleaning products may contain toxic chemicals that can be inhaled by our lungs and absorbed by the skin. These intoxicants might be in small amounts, but if you add all of them together (including the beauty and hygiene cosmetics that you use daily) they might have a negative effect on us, especially on our babies and children. Cleaning products may cause illnesses such as asthma, cancer and reproductive issues. On another note, I was also shocked to read about the study that found up to 300 toxic chemicals in newborn babies cord blood samples!
We already live in polluted cities, why should we allow ourselves to live at home in a “polluted” environment?
There are things that you can do to provide a safer, non-toxic home for you and your family – BY REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF CHEMICAL PRODUCTS YOU USE AT HOME.
Ways to Reduce & Avoid Harmful Chemical Exposure:
- Make your own Cleaning Products: For cleaning purposes, you can use natural things that can be easily found in your kitchen! You can use ingredients like baking soda, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt to make your own natural cleaning solutions. They’re not only safe, but very cheap too! You may visit Non Toxic Home Cleaning for many homemade recipes.
- Buy Non-Toxic/Natural Products: There are many brands you can choose from which uses natural ingredients which are not only eco-friendly, but also safe for your family. They clean as effectively yet are not harmful. One example is Seventh Generation (www.seventhgeneration.com)
Did You Know These Facts About Seventh Generation?
*Cloth Diaper Malaysia will be organizing a Giveaway, sponsored by Lifestyle Green Solutions ,where you can win Seventh Generation products! Stay tuned for this! *
- Seventh Generation has been America’s most trusted brand of household cleaning and personal care products for more than 20 years.
- They have a wide range of green and safe cleaning products for your home which are made from non-toxic, biodegradable ingredients like pure vegetable oils, natural minerals, and harmless hydrogen peroxide. These products don’t expose us to dangerous chemicals nor do they pollute the air we breathe.
- Seventh Generation brand-name products include: non-chlorine bleached, 100% recycled paper towels, bathroom and facial tissues, and napkins; non-toxic, phosphate-free cleaning, dish and laundry products; plastic trash bags made from recycled plastic; chlorine-free baby diapers, training pants, and baby wipes; and chlorine-free feminine care products, including organic cotton tampons.
- A great thing about them is that they disclose all ingredients on their product labels, and will provide as much information as possible to their customers.
- They have been named the best company on Earth in 2010 by Better World Shopping Guide.
- Many of their products such as Natural Fabric Softener, Toilet Cleaner, Chlorine-Free Diapers and Pads, etc have good ratings on the website Good Guide.
Official Website: http://www.seventhgeneration.com/
Visit Lifestyle Green Solutions website to buy Seventh Generation products in Malaysia: http://lifestylegreensolutions.com/brand.php?brandid=9&brand=Seventh-Generation
Read up more about Seventh Generation products on Lifestyle Green Solutions in my written article: http://clothdiapermalaysia.com/2010/07/lifestyle-green-solutions-featured-shop-of-july-seventh-generation/
DISCUSSION: What are your concerns or thoughts about using eco-friendly/natural cleaning products for your home?