(Petua Cloth Diaper – 12 Petua Membasuh, Mencuci & Mengeringkan Cloth Diaper)
One of the most important things about cloth diapering is that we need to care for them well. If you want your cloth diapers to last you a long time, you really have to learn how to clean, wash and dry them the right way. This way, your cloth diapers may last your baby from newborn until he’s 3 years old, or even reuse them for your next babies, resold, or given away! That’s what we call value and saving costs right?
Here are some tips about cloth diaper care:
- Make use of the bright Malaysian sun! Drying in the sun can help remove stains naturally.It’s free too!
- Prewash your cloth diapers: Minimum 1-2 times for new CDs before using to ensure adequate absorbency.
- Don’t use fabric softener or bleach (Clorox): It will spoil the fibers of the cloth diapers.
- Hang your diapers to dry: To ensure it retains its shape.
- Wash cloth diapers properly! Use the right kind of soap and washing cycle
- Don’t use diaper cream with cloth diapers: It can leave stains on the diaper, unless you use a special type of cream for CDs
- Learn the right way to wash your cloth diapers before you start CD-ing. This is to avoid stripping (act of removing stains on CDs that will spoil your CDs faster).
- Be careful of the soaps/detergents used with cloth diapers: You don’t want to disintegrate or spoil the fibers. (A US detergent guide -I hope someone can come out with a Malaysian list )
- Ensure cloth diapers dry properly: Or you will get a smelly damp smell on them.
- Clean out the washing machine: Remove build up and dirt that will stick to your cloth diapers. Once in a while, use vinegar, baking soda with hot water and let it run in the machine once or twice.
- Use vinegar to help control smells: It also helps to remove stains
- Lemon juice: Can also be used as a natural stain remover for cloth diapers.